Are you looking for a fun position with an awesome studio working with a great group of people? If so, you might want to consider joining our studio leadership team! We are looking for an Assistant Studio Manager / Portrait Photographer / Sales Manager that can wear many hats on our team. While the role will offer a lot of variety, here are the primary functions and outline of the position:
1 - Management of new client leads including communications and in person sales consultations
2 – Shared responsibility with Studio Manager as point of contact for sales, booking and workflow management
3 - Primary studio photographer for portrait sessions
• Primary responsibility for studio sales of Portrait client bookings
• Shared responsibility with Studio Manager for Pre-Booking sales correspondence via phone, email, and in person client meetings for wedding clients
• Additional responsibility of assisting the Studio Manager with operations & workflow task completion
• Managing the Post-shoot product marketing & correspondence with clients via phone & email to drive sales of photo products (including conducting in-person sales meetings with clients)
• Management of Operations CRM (ShootQ or whatever System may be put in place)
• Business development via sales events, vendor relations, and social media
• Primary studio photographer for portrait sessions
• Reserve photographer (“on-call” for Weddings) for 1 or 2 Saturdays per month during the busy season
SCHEDULE / HOURS:
Schedule is a combination of Office Hours, Portrait Sessions, and Business Development / Sales, and should average approximately 40 hours per week, though this may vary depending on the week.
• Schedule & Hours are flexible based on weekly activity, sales volume, appointments, special projects, etc.
• Sales meetings are primarily conducted on weeknights in the evening, and may be scheduled as late as 7:00 or 8:00. Some weeks there will be no evening sales appointments and others there may be 2 or 3 evenings with sales appointments.
• Various Industry Events, Special Events and Studio Events may require non-standard hours some weeks
• Compensation is dependent on experience
• This is a Contract to Hire position with a 90 day initial contract and then a review to determine if the contract will be extended, with a strong likelihood of converting to a full time position
• Sales Booking Commissions = TBD as component of total comp plan
• Shooting compensation will be paid at agreed upon contractor rate & “Determined on Experience” for Portraits, Reserve, Assisting, Etc.
• Bonus Potential (dependent on the success & profitability of the studio – TBD at 6 month review)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Required Software Experience: Adobe Photoshop, MS Word, MS Excel
• Software experience with the following applications is desired: Adobe Creative Cloud, Fundy Designer, Wordpress, Concrete CMS, Sendgrid, Twilio, MS Powerpoint, Keynote, Pages, Numbers, DropBox, Mailchimp, ShootQ, Sticky Folios, Sticky Emails, ShootQ, Survey Monkey, Jot Form, DropBox, Google Docs, Two Bright Lights, ShootProof
• Photography experience is required, and we will need to review a portfolio of your work
• Other helpful experience desired but not required is working in a professional photography position (could be schools, sports, portraits, weddings, corporate, events, or any combination of those), office / administrative experience, sales, marketing, digital marketing, public relations, special events, weddings, photo editing / retouching / color correction, any experience with video would be helpful as well (shooting and/or editing)
Please contact us for more details or if you're interested in discussing your interest in the position further. (All applicants will be asked to provide a resume & portfolio of work)
We look forward to hearing from you! Thanks!
- Studio 220